Libro. THE ART OF THEATRICAL DESIGN
BY KAOIME E. BALLOY
ELEMENTS OF VISUAL COMPOSITION, METHODS, AND PRACTICE.
The Art of Theatrical Design: Elements of Visual Composition, Methods, and Practice addresses the core principles that develop the student designer into a true artist, providing a foundation that ensures success with each production design.
This text concentrates on the skills necessary to create effective, evocative, and engaging theatrical designs that support the play contextually, thematically, and visually. It gives students the grounding in core design principles they need to approach design challenges and make design decisions in both assigned class projects and realized productions. This book features:
- In-depth discussions of design elements and principles for costume, set, lighting, sound, and projection designs
- Coverage of key concepts such as content, context, genre, style, play structure and format, and the demands and limitations of various theatrical spaces
- Essential principles, including collaboration, inspiration, conceptualization, script analysis, conducting effective research, building a visual library, developing an individual design process, and the role of the critique in collaboration
- Information on recent digital drawing tool technology, such as the Wacom® Inkling pen, Wacom® Intuos digitizing tablets and digital sketching, and rendering programs such as Autodesk® Sketchbook Pro and Adobe® Photoshop®
- Chapter exercises and key terms designed to provide an engaging experience with the material and to facilitate student understanding