Figura plástica de colección.
The Manticore is a chimera, a name given to any number of mythical beasts who have the traits of multiple creatures. In the case of the Manticore, a ferocious lion crosses with a venomous scorpion, complete with bat-like wings.
- Scientific Name: Manticore
- Characteristics: This fearsome figure is a worthy opponent for any hero. The Manticore has a lion’s head and body, sprouts the wings of a bat, and gives way to a scorpion’s venomous tail.
- Size and Color: True-to-life in all respects, the tan and brown of a lion create this Manticore’s body and face, while its wings are grey and its tail a very scorpion-like brown. The figure measures 4 ¼ inches long and stands 4 ½ inches tall.
- The Manticore is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Manticore comes from Persian mythology, and it was brought west when Persia and Greece collided in the fifth century B.C. Stories differ, of course, as is the case with all mythical creatures. The Manticore is at times a ferocious lion that can shoot spines from its tail. In other stories, it has the full scorpion tail featured in this figure. Wings are a later addition, an artist’s touch in European heraldry to make a fascinating creature even more ominous.
Beware the Manticore. The words rang in the boy’s head as he tromped through the jungle in search of dinner. It was his first time alone in the sweltering forest, and the cacophony of sights and sounds was nearly overwhelming. Yet, to become a member of his tribe, to be considered an adult, he must pass through the jungle and return the next morning. The Manticore, the boy scoffed. No such thing could exist. He’d heard of jungle beasts from many of the elders, but he considered them children’s stories, legends to keep little ones from wandering off and getting lost. Still, though, the jungle was a mysterious place. Suddenly, the world around him went quiet. Birds stopped calling, the air itself seemed to pause. He heard his own light footsteps…and something else. The boy ducked. There. Could it be? A large, orange-haired creature, with a face framed in fur. It had stripes, perhaps those were where it shot spines at intruders? Its tail was long and ended in a black tip, the scorpion’s venom, of course. The creature moved noiselessly, swishing its tail. The boy waited, turned, and ran as fast he could back to the village. Adulthood would off to wait. The Manticore is real.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10.75 W x 11.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.23 W x 4.53 H
- UPC: 095866802608