Rompecabezas. L. C. Armstrong: Sunset over Dog's Dream 1000-Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
L. C. Armstrong
L. C. Armstrong (American, b. 1954) Sunset over Dog’s Dream, 2014 Using light to convey a sense of spirituality, L. C. Armstrong paints magical realist landscapes, playing with scale to transform ordinary subjects into fantastic ones. Sunset over Dog’s Dream captures that dreamlike quality: dogs stand across a vast city park behind (and sometimes on) giant flowers sprouting in the foreground, seemingly lit from within. The luminous and playful scene animates this 1000-piece puzzle.
• Gather with family and friends for puzzle-piecing together!
• Our luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
• High-quality 250-GSM matte art paper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
• Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
• Produced using thick recycled paper board
• Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world
Box size: 13 x 10 x 1.875 in.
Puzzle size: 32 x 16 in.
L. C. Armstrong (American, b. 1954) is best known for ethereal landscapes created with thin layers of acrylic paint, illuminating sunsets and flowers alike to convey a sense of spirituality. By transforming ordinary subjects into fantastic ones, she envisions magical realist scenes where monkeys swing from flower stems and giraffes feast on petals. Her use of shifting scale furthers the feeling that her flora and fauna (Homo sapiens included) exist in another realm. All is not sweetness and light, though. The artist has used bomb fuses in her resin-coated works, and especially in regard to species juxtaposition, she comments on the state of our existence, both physical and metaphysical. Armstrong’s art has been exhibited around the world and resides in many permanent collections.